Saturday, July 01, 2006

The f***ing story wasn't finished!

"You would not want to be staring like that at me."

If I were Ian McShane, that's what I would've said to David Milch when he told me Deadwood wasn't coming back for a fourth season. But that's just me. I wouldn't have had Woody Allen movies to fall back on. Or been able to talk to the New York Daily News about it.

"I thought the whole thing was handled shabbily," the actor says by phone from Los Angeles. "But what the f***, HBO and 'Deadwood' have been very good to me. [The show's] Al Swearengen has been one of the great characters of my career.

"However, I think what's been lost in everybody slapping each other on the back, with a possible two two-hour movies to wrap up the series after this season, is that 'Deadwood' is one of the most acclaimed series on TV. A truly great show. So I was initially shocked. And now I'm sad."

We're sad with you, Ian. (And has anyone ever told you how cool your first name is?)

The whole article's worth a read. McShane says he'll probably never know the true story of how the show came to an end. And he's a bit skeptical of the two two-hour movies being made, since Milch will be working on his new show.

Most of all, McShane's just disappointed the whole story won't be told. If only they'd had four or five seasons...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home