Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Hey, it's a Western, okay?

This bit of news has nothing to do with Deadwood, but I'm excited about it, so why not post it in this here blog saloon?

And Hooz, as someone who once had herself an action figure of this character, you might like this stuff, too.

The Lone Ranger has been kind of a back-of-the-mind obsession of mine (is that an oxymoron?) for years. With both superheroes and Westerns rising in popularity again, I have no idea why there hasn't been a new TV show or movie with him.

And I've occasionally bored the shit out of a couple of friends, tossing out ideas for a screenplay. Unfortunately, I could never get those guys as interested as I was in an updated version of that masked man.

But now, Dynamite Entertainment is publishing a Lone Ranger comic book, set to be released in September. And it should be sweet, with the story starting from the very beginning.

Here's more from Comic Book Resources.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home